<VV> Special wheels WAS convention pics- a favor to ask

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 12:59:05 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/23/2010 6:35:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kenpepke at juno.com writes:

The  center hole of the
wheel does not have to be a tight fit to the  hub

Ken,

While the shoulders of the nuts carry a lot of the load, everything I have
read says the hub carries most of the load.  The nuts primarily keep the
wheel and hub mated together and spread the load over a wider diameter of the
 face of the hub flange.  I'd want to keep a tight fit of the wheel hole
over the hub.  You need both the nuts and the hub for security.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA