<VV> How about a single master cylinder?

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Jun 25 07:01:59 EDT 2010

The reason so many change their EMs to dual master cylinder is ... When a
rear wheel bearing fails the axle can and will slide sideways in the car.  That
pulls the brake drum off the brake shoes.  When this happens the driver has
NO WAY of stopping.  NONE of the brakes will be applied when the pedal is
depressed ... the emergency brake does not work at all ... downshifting, with
the engine running or not, will not slow the vehicle nor will shifting a PG into
reverse.

SO, as long as you have to replace the master cylinder anyway, it is less than
rational to not change to a dual ... paring the fronts and backs [NOT cross car]
 ... system.

******************
"Ray R. \(aka Grymm\)" <vairguy at echoes.net> wrote:

The car is a 63' Monza, but I'm not all that concerned with it being 100% correct if
they vary from year to year or model to model (I don't know much about these earlies
yet).

The rear grill panel is missing completely, so I need the panel and the grill/trim.
Surface rust and/or a few minor dings or dents ok.

Also I need a master cylinder (single) for this car, PO removed it to replace a bad one
on another car.  If I have to I'll steal the one off the 65' but I'd like to keep that
car driveable so I'd rather not.  I know lots of folks have done the dual MC conversion
so I figure there are probably a bunch of these laying around unused....

Last item (already mentioned a couple weeks ago) is red seat belts, if anyone has a pair
of front red seatbelts in average condition let me know, I'm probably just going to get
the cheap aftermarket universals on ebay but they have modernish buckles which isn't
great.

If you have any of these items please E-mail me a price and maybe a guess at shipping
cost.  The belts and M/C will probably fit in USPS flat rate boxes... I love those
things.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (next project)