<VV> interesting link

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jun 26 01:19:37 EDT 2010

At 11:01 AM 6/25/2010, Mark Durham wrote:
>You are exactly correct, Gary. Mark Durham
>
>On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Gary Swiatowy
><gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com>wrote:
>
> > Doesn't chroming make parts brittle?
> > I remember reading somewhere that you should never chrome suspension
> > components because the process causes  Hydrogen embrittlement?
> >
> > Chrome for show, but not for a steering or suspension component.
> >
> > Gary Swiatowy
> > And I failed chamistry

I'd bet good money that this failure wasn't hydrogen brittling.

A CAST steering arm??   That's nothing but trouble waiting.   Same as
those cast "quick-arms" that I'd never trust around the block.    Who
was it... somebody... said they once dropped a cast steering arm on
the floor and it broke.

Hell, cast iron is born brittle compared to a forget part which is
what SHOULD have been there.

tony..