<VV> gas gauge woes

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 23:45:26 EDT 2010

My gas gauge doesn't feel well.  When the tank is full, it reads only half full, or sometimes 2/3 full, but never completely full like its supposed to.  Then, it may fall too 1/4, then to 2/3.  No rhyme or reason.  When it gets down there, (below 1/3 of a tank) it seems to read close to actual level.

   My questions are:  If the float is bad, won't it read empty all the time cause it's full of gas?  If the squiggly wire is broken, doesn't that mean it would read full all the time?  The only thing left is possibly a bad ground, right?

            Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 84/pg

'65 monza 4-dr 110/pg