<VV> Special wheel CENTER FIT

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 14:38:16 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/27/2010 11:26:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
starship at worldonline.co.za writes:

Well  generally it never is a problem, but personally I don't like the idea
of  running non hub centric wheels, so I get hub centric or spigot rings if
you  prefer, which are often available off the shelf from the local
after-market  wheels shop.  However, if they can't supply the correct size,
an  engineering shop can easily turn out a set in aluminum and that sorts
out
the issue.  There are hundreds of them for sale on ebay, so  measure the
inner and outer diameters and see what's available.  Often  the sizes are in
point something of a mm so there's no  play.

Nick

Just for reference, the Corvair hub is a 70.5 mm OD. Most BMW wheels  are
72.6 mm hub ID and hub-centering rings are easily available. I use  these
with my re-drilled BMW wheels on the race car. Some BMW wheels have a  slightly
larger hub ID, 74.X mm.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA