<VV> looking for Camaro rally wheels

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 14:31:26 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/27/2010 11:02:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
paulsgt at earthlink.net writes:

OK, so  now I've decided that I'm not going to fool with 13" tires anymore
on this car  that I drive regularly.  Does anyone on the list have a set of
15" x 7"  Camaro rally wheels with caps and trim rings they want to sell?
Email me  off-list with what you have and price.  I think 15s are the best
bet  because they are still pretty plentiful.  I might even go to 16s.   I'm
just beginning to check out my options.

Thanks!

Take  care.

Paul Sergeant

Paul - If buying used (especially if GM wheels) the rally wheels are priced
 higher than they should be, because of demand from Camaro/Chevelle/Nova
owners. The trim rings are problematic as well, because good ones - I.e.
Stainless steel - are expensive, Chrome ones are prone to rusting since  they
are "price-sensitive" (cheaply) made. ANd both kinds are curb fragile. If
you want to use Camaro 15 x 7 wheels, I suggest the 82-90 aluminum alloy
wheels  used on tons of Camaros. Those are "Mini-Ad" common, are hub-centric on
the  Corvair, have the correct offset They can be detailed-out with  painted
spoke portions and even have different center caps available.  Perhaps the
only problem is that they are already commonly used on Corvairs, so  you
might see your car coming at you! As far as tires, the 205/60-15 can be a
little big for the front of a Corvair. If you look around, you can find a
205/55-15 tire which is a great fit all around on the Vair.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA