<VV> Special wheel CENTER FIT

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Mon Jun 28 13:08:04 EDT 2010

I say let's draw on the 45-50ish years that these cars have been around and
an only slightly lower number of years CORSA has been holding autocross
events....  we have a ton of people here who have been to many such
events....

Anyone EVER seen a Corvair with non-hub centric wheels shear off the
lug-studs?  I think if this hasn't become a "known" issue in 45+ years of
people putting such wheels on the cars (and many even racing them that way)
then it isn't any kind of real issue.

I know I'm an oddball in the way I look at things, but I play the odds.  It
is more dangerous to get in your car and head out on the road than it is to
go bungie jumping, skydiving, swimming/boating in thunderstorms etc....
and I bet the liklihood of having 5 good lug studs break due to non
hub-centric wheels is like to the odds of being struck by lightning... I'll
take my chances and have my fun....  others are free to live in a "bubble".

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)