<VV> Special wheel CENTER FIT

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 28 18:49:36 EDT 2010

>I bet the liklihood of having 5 good lug studs break due to non
>hub-centric wheels is like to the odds of being struck by lightning... I'll
>take my chances and have my fun....  others are free to live in a "bubble".

My experiences are that you are "far" more likely to break the wheel (or
something else), even a stock steel one, than you are those studs, if
the nuts are properly torqued.

Don't remember which way it went, but it was not uncommon to torch out
the hub centric ring on a 3/4 ton 8-hole rim of Brand X so it would fit
on Brand Z -- never saw one of those break tight studs either -- way
over tight or loose studs is different.

Bill Strickland