<VV> [V8Vairs] Weight of a V-8 Corvair

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 17:35:53 EDT 2010

My car came in at the following (without driver)

2944 lbs w/quarter tank of gas.  (sbc iron block and iron heads, roll  bar,
engine cover with insullation).  Aluminum Radiator located in front of
car.  15x7" early ralley wheels, with 235x60x15 rears and 205x60x15  fronts.

LF= 659 lbs        RF=574 lbs
LR=867 lbs         RR=843 lbs

Front: 1230       Rear  1710
42%, 58%

Don't know what the windows/cranks weigh, but here are some other  weights:

Exhaust:  Headers = 21.5 lbs; Crossover pipe section = 13.5 lbs;  mufflers
= 23 lbs.....Total Exhaust = 58 lbs
Seats (aftermarket "chineese seats" from O'Reillys) = 37 lbs each; brackets
 for each seat = 6 lbs
Differential Locating steel (aluminum heim jt end, all 3)  = 5  lbs
Steel flywheel = 29 lbs
Pressure plate and clutch disk = 26 lbs

Roll bar:   Main hoop and back diagonall arms = 40 lbs; Diagonal  Brace =
10 lbs;  shoulder harness horizontal bar = 10 lbs;    Total Rollbar = 60  lbs

Antifreeze drained out of car (NOTE, was still coolant in the block, and
probably some in the long pipes)  = 35 lbs

Iron Heads weighed (completely assembled)  = 45 lbs each

Gary Hoffman

In a message dated 6/28/2010 12:02:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,