<VV> Catch in Clutch

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:43:49 EDT 2010

Catch in Clutch pedal condition: OK, guys, put on your thinking hats. Ever
since I have had this car (1500 miles in 2 years) there has been an
occasional "catch" in the clutch. It gets real hard to push the last inch or
so of travel and you can barely shift, and if you hold it in with pressure
on it, it twangs and releases and goes to the floor like it should? Then it
won't do it for awhile, then will do it again. I'm puzzled, usually when
something breaks, its consistently broken! :):)

What I have done: Replaced the flywheel with a Dales Bolted
                           Replaced pressure plate with a rebuilt
                           Replaced clutch disc and throw out bearing
                           Completed a thorough inspection of the
snout the throw out bearing rides on, its original and in perfect shape (car
only has 67K original miles on it)

None of this changed the condition.

Anyone had this problem? Could it be in the clutch arm that transfers the
cable motion to the rod? (I'm hopeful)
Mark Durham