<VV> on eBay : Late Model Corsa PG ?

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Wed Jun 30 08:30:06 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:13 AM, Charles Lee wrote:

> Listed on eBay :
>
> 1965 Chevy Corvair Corsa 140 Auto STK#192881
>
> Floor mounted PG auto in a Corsa ?!?!?!?!?
>
> Why-y-y-y-y ????
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160449339537

One of the great things about Corvairing is that you can do whatever
you wish to personalize your Corvair.  One of the worst things about
Corvairing is that you can do whatever you wish to personalize your
Corvair.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  But too often, when owners
veer away from stock, the changes they make are not what most would
feel enhance the car.

The car in this ad has been enhanced by a terrible rub strip down the
whole side of the car that may not come off without requiring a
repaint. At least the racy-looking stripes on the lower body could be
removed at the same time.

I wonder who you could sell the tiny 175/70-13 tires to, so you could
replace them with a better size?

The interior? Didn't want to cut the Corsa dash, so he put the shifter
in the beautiful console.  The list goes on and on.

The problem is, the owner thinks these modifications increase the
value and wants you to pay for them. You think they decrease the value
and think of the work you'll have to do to remove them.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
CORSA member since 1980