<VV> EM wheels

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Mar 4 09:07:46 EST 2010

Early Japanese rims were actually SAE, not metric (even though they were
measured that way... 4.5" =114.3mm and 4.25" = 108mm).

The ones you may be thinking about is when they started using 4x100 bolt
patterns (Japan's most common pattern) in place of 4x4" (the UK's most
common pattern) and the common BMW/etc 5x120 which is close to 5x4.75.

Both of these fall into the "close but no cigar" category... though the
latter is so close that a lot of people apparently do it with no ill
effects. But I wouldn't take the chance... when I bought my Bitter SC
(5x120) I let the seller keep his chrome Z28 rims (5x4.75) even though I
really like the way they looked on the car...

Bill