<VV> Help with gas tank

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 4 14:25:57 EST 2010

Hi Jamie, I think Mark's suggestions are logical and the best choices
you have right now. I think instead of fixing the "drain" hole
you might consider adding a drain plug to allow easier access, repair
and removal of the gas tank in the furure.

Chuck Armer
At 10:09 AM 3/4/2010, you wrote:
>Jamie, I'm not aware of a material that can remove the poor seal job. If the
>tank is not available as a replacement part, then repair it and do a proper
>seal job on top and install a really good filter on the car (I would do two)
>to include a clear one so you could watch it for debris. Mark Durham
>
>On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Jamie & Tanya Reinhart <
>jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com> wrote:
>
> > All, I need you help with a gas tank problem. After I got the 61 Loadside
> > running last fall and had driven it a few hundred miles the tank started to
> > leak. I ran the truck until the tank was empty and put the truck to bed for
> > the winter. The other day I pulled the tank and cleaned it out. I
> have found
> > that someone had already done a poor job applying a sealer to the inside of
> > the tank. It also looks like someone pushed a screwdriver through
> the bottom
> > of the tank before it was resealed. I can fix that hole but my question is
> > what do I do about the poor previous seal job? I do have another tank in a
> > parts van but it is buried in the snow and will be unaccessable until the
> > spring thaw. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
> >
> > Jamie

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director