<VV> Banquet alternative

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 22:39:10 EST 2010

At 01:25 AM 3/4/2010, Frank DuVal wrote:
>Yes I have been to an event that was like that. It was the early
>Virginia Vair Fairs! In Waynesboro they often had a get together after
>everyone went out to eat.  In just a few years the banquet started. I
>know we had one in 1983 in Richmond.
>
>Sounds like a great idea to me.
>
>Frank DuVal
>

>Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >With all the hassle and expense of setting up a banquet, we're
> trying something a little different for the year's Virginia Vair
> Fair.  Rather than the usual catered meal, we're providing a list
> of nearby restaurants in several price ranges, and then we'll have
> cake and coffee back at the hotel after dinner (8 p.m.) to present
> the awards.  I'm wondering:

Me too.   I was at those Vair Fairs in Waynesboro, also the one in
Richmond in '83 (along with most of the rest of them).   I've passed
on more banquets than I've attended... ;)   It MUST be a headache for
the host club to organize and it's never cheap.

If the "official" get-together eat-em-up is a banquet I'm not real
sure I'd attend.   If there's a gang hitting a local restaurant en
mass in lieu of the banquet, I'm likely there.   A hospitality room
with coffee and donuts and cookies afterwards would work out fine for
BS, trophies, bragging, kiss&cry, and general tall tales.

tony..