<VV> Origin of "Bone-Stock"?

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 04:47:06 EST 2010

Kent,

It is great to see someone who not only accepts the various  aspects of the
collector car hobby but actually embraces and practices what some  people
on this site (and other marque's sites) view as incompatible aspects  of our
hobby.  Perhaps if more of our respected members who feel the same  as you
would come forward, the others might learn tolerance and  acceptance.  There
is room for everyone.

My 68 Camaro ragtop is completely stock as is my 64 Spyder  and my 66
Canadian Corsa is returning to stock with a 180 reinstalled in  the engine
compartment.  However, my 60 Corvette and 67 Nova SS will  not be stock without
their original engines and some other issues.   Yes, I know that they would
have significantly more value with original or  "recreated original" engines
but it is not such a big deal to me to go to the  necessary lengths to make
those changes.  My FCs are also  other-than-stock in various aspects and will
probably remain so with the  possible exception of one of the Rampsides.
Also not a big  deal.

Doc
60 Vette ragtop, 61 Rampside, 62 Rampside, 64 Spyder, 65  Greenbrier, 66
Corsa, 67 Nova SS and 68 Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 3/5/2010 12:35:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

Message:  10