<VV> Origin of "Bone-Stock"?

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 5 08:07:40 EST 2010

Kent, I await the story(ies) with bated breath. Would love to hear the gory
details.

As to my own cars, I think everyone knows about my late, lamented '69
Corsa. But probably fewer are aware of my '67's. The convertible and Monza
4door are pure stock, but are NOT "as built" by the factory. They are
"enhanced originals" (as I term it) in that they have original '67 factory
options added to them. Other than tearing down the car or decoding the body
tag, you wouldn't be able to tell that they weren't built that way. Even
the stereo speaker system in the 4door came out of another identical car,
so that even the paint on them is factory original.

The 4door has almost ALL factory options possible, in that combination, on
it. It's missing only four minor options - two you can't see, one you
wouldn't want, and one that is impossible to obtain.

The convert is also loaded, missing only a handful of minor, useless, or
ugly options.

By loading up these cars with factory options, not only do they make for
really striking and interesting cars, but they preserve each accessory, its
installation, and function - many of which just aren't ever seen. In that
way, I'm preserving not only originality, but have a living 3-D example of
what the factory built.

Restored is nice, and very admirable. But as the saying goes, it's only
original once. And everyone preserves their cars in their own way.

-Mark

were