<VV> CO Question

Rodney Spooner rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com
Sun Mar 7 14:01:25 EST 2010

It sounds like the CO cabin levels increase when idling while parked or slow
in traffic but less when driving. Suggests to me that the exhaust fumes are
becoming trapped under the car and seeping in through the body somewhere.

How far is the exhaust pipe sticking out from under the car? I imagine that
while the car is idling while parked or slow in traffic, that the Corvair
exhaust is being re-circulated through the engine's blower fan and perhaps
being forced through gaps in the heater vents. Don't know why CO levels
might decrease by turning the heater on other than to speculate that it adds
more air and pressurizes the cabin slightly and also circulates the CO past
the CO alarm and out the gaps in the window seals instead of the gas laying
stagnate and denser on the floor. Isn't carbon monoxide heavier than air?

Just my best guess at the problem. Good luck.

Celebrating Corvair's Glorious Golden 50th Anniversary!!!

Vairy truly yours,
rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com

P.S. I get some pretty weird stares from people when driving my Corvair in
my oxygen suit. LOL!!!