<VV> Would like advice on changing to a wood steering wheel on my 65 Corsa

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 14:05:15 EST 2010

Hi All,

Since I acquired my 65 Corsa convertible back in 2008 I have been mulling
around acquiring a correct wood steering wheel to replace my standard
steering wheel (non telescopic). I don't really want a telescopic column.

My original Corsa that I had back in 1972 while I was in high school came
with the wood wheel option (non-telescopic). I liked the looks of it back
then and I think it was easier to hold on to that the standard wheel that is
in my present car.

Can anyone help me with advise on what I will and will not need to make this
conversion? You see the wood wheels pop up on EBay all the time for other
Chevrolet cars, once in awhile they indicate for the Corvairs too. Evidently
the Chevelle and Impala guys are reproducing the hubs and horn buttons. Are
these totally interchangeable to the corvair steering columns?

Thanks!

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN
Circle City Corvair Club
1965 Corvair Corsa convertible, 180hp Turbo