<VV> CORSA Members on the Internet

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Mar 9 07:32:30 EST 2010

Not being 'on the net' can have different levels.  I, for one, have internet connections BUT I would not be willing to devote the time resource to read electronic 'magazines' ... with a paper magazine there is no 'log on' time involved and no download time and no expensive equipment required.  I can pick up a light weight magazine and carry it anywhere to read at my leisure; if I lay down a paper magazine anywhere the odds are it will remain there until I return.  If 'lost' there is no financial penalty, no insurance claims, no other information / records / security lost.

I willingly pay my membership fee but, make no mistake about it; it is the MOST expensive national membership to which I belong [including Corvette membership] and offers probably the least for the money. I will continue to belong as long as I am capable even if they go to all electronic ... but I will probably NEVER 'log on' to read the publication.
Ken P

"John O'Shea" <jco99 at cox.net> wrote:

I quote Harry Jensen from his 03/08/10 VV email reply to Tim Verthein:

"I believe one has to understand that probably a half of our membership is not on
the 'net. By posting member content only on the web means that 50% will not receive
it."

Fifty percent seems like a low number.  Isn't internet usage in the U.S. around 75% these
days?  Is there some reason CORSA folks are not internet users?  Are there data to
support the quoted statement or is it a WAG?  If data exist, please publish here.

Thanks.