<VV> CORSA Members on the Internet - polling

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Mar 9 13:50:15 EST 2010

Just having an e-mail address is not sufficient evidence of a desire to
receive material electronically.  In my local chapter, only about two
out of nearly 100 member households has not provided an e-mail address,
but only about 75% of the member households choose to receive their
newsletters electronically.

Despite the savings realized by the club in moving nearly 75% of the
membership to electronic delivery, we do not bother with the complexity
of a multi-tier dues rate.  Dues are one price regardless of which
delivery method one chooses.  The savings is being expended to the
benefit of all members.  For example, this year we are giving one free
year with each membership renewal, and we are paying each owner's entry
fee for a big multi-make car show where this year the Corvair is the
feature car.

I endorse the position which suggests that CORSA move content online.
Not all content, there will always be a place for a printed
publication.  But online content is the way of the world today, like it
or not.  Those who choose not to access CORSA online will receive
information less quickly, and will perhaps receive less total
information, but this is a matter of choice their choice.  We need not
try to cater to each individual, but instead to the common good.

--Bob Marlow