<VV> CO Question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 11:32:22 EST 2010

                                                                B"H

What I can say, is that the exhaust was definitely "cleaner" in the sense that there was almost no smell that your nose could detect, with the cat installed.

My car does have a Pertronix ignition.  I use .048 main jets in the carbs and the car runs fine, no hesitation or "backfiring."  There is no pinging either, although I turn on the water injection when I'm doing highway driving and/or when the engine warms up.  The water injection system is energized with a vacuum switch that turns the pump on when the accelerator is depressed, and off when it's released.  I have had success with using methanol-based washer fluid in this system.   There's a central nozzle feeding the intake, located opposte the PCV port in the air tube connecting the air cleaner to the carbs.