<VV> Consumer Reports bias, was: Politics on Virtual Vairs

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 16:52:29 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/11/2010 1:34:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jvhroberts at aol.com writes:

And you wonder why  people think you're nutz, Scotty...

John Roberts

I subscribed to Consumer Reports for a while; I now wouldn't believe
anything they said any more than I believed "Unsafe at Any Speed" (which was
purely a case of a lawyer pleading a case without regard of the truth or
falsity  of the charges)--I was definitely a "car man," born and raised in
Detroit, and  knew that much of what Nadir was telling us was exaggeration when it
wasn't  outright falsehood.  And the legislation that followed was totally
unnecessary; the auto companies did their own recalls, but quietly,
frequently  using a free lube job or something similar to get the cars back to the
dealership so that the repairs could be done without scaring off the
customer.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.