<VV> <CORSA Chapters> Membership poll and effects to CORSA members that are not in a chapter

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Mar 12 22:34:27 EST 2010

Hi Jamie,

I guess the idea is that if you belong to a chapter - and go to the meeting - you'll hear about whatever got sent even if you don't have e-mail.  Given the percentage of people in chapters who don't go to meetings (most club officers I talk to seem to cite 50% as a real good turnout), it strikes me as a pretty thin argument.

The other possible question I can see is, of the CORSA members who aren't chapter members, what percentage of them have an e-mail address?  Your survey doesn't count them directly, so you'll have to extrapolate what you have and perhaps round down a little.

FWIW, I think you're 75% number is pretty safe, and assuming it will go up 10% in ten years is probably pretty safe too.

--Bryan