<VV> <CORSA Chapters> Membership poll and effects to CORSA members that are not in a chapter

David Clamp 66corsa at cox.net
Fri Mar 12 22:03:57 EST 2010

While I personally don't have any problem with receiving email newsletters/Communiques, I do know that people do have a tendency to not inform me when they change email addresses.  I email my club newsletter out to a fairly large audience, and also forward over 20 other club newsletters via email as well.  I run into cases where someone changes email addresses, and then complains when they don't get something for several months.  Also, some people don't empty their web-based accounts and I get "full mailbox" bounce-backs.  So, just because a member gives you an email address, it doesn't mean they'll get the email (of course that is their fault, not the senders).  An alternative to sending out a file would be to send a link to the file, reducing the message size considerably.

Just some thoughts,

David Clamp
Heart of Georgia newsletter editor