<VV> Emergency ZDDP SJ Oil

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 13:36:02 EDT 2010

For those of you who find yourselves on the road needing oil to top off and
 not having any you trust you can use small engine oil as available from
Home  Depot, Lowes, Walmart, some hardware stores etc.  Briggs & Stratton,
Kohler and other engines have the same ZDDP problem we do and the small engine
 oil is an SJ which exceeds the specs of what our cars had available when
they  were new.  It is pricey at about the cost of synthetic for a regular
oil,  but will do in a pinch.  I'm not recommending for regular use, but for
topping off the level if nothing else you trust is available.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA