<VV> Intermittant Corvair

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Mar 20 23:16:45 EDT 2010

If it is the cap, just loosen it when the car stops and listen for a
woosh noise. If the car starts (after gas pumps to carbs) and runs, it
is a plugged cap.

The strainer is in the fuel tank. It is accessed by taking the sending
unit assembly out at the bottom right side of the tank. Warning/danger
liquid gasoline, etc.

The main test when it shuts down is to remove a spark plug wire from a
plug and insert another spark plug that rests on the engine shroud. Have
another person crank the engine while you look at the plug. Good spark,
then it is not the coil.

Frank DuVal