<VV> Intermittent Corvair

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 10:49:13 EDT 2010

 All-

 An interesting thing that I discovered when I was running stock configuration

 ignition systems (I'm now running a distributorless three coil set-up)- is that

 by wrapping the coil with a heavy layer of electrical tape were the coil would

 contact its mount, the car seemed to run more smooth under a hard load.

 At the time, I attributed the performance difference to maybe a slight external

 short from the coil wire to the metal canistor to the metal mount. I now think

 it was because the coil was running cooler, the tape limiting the heat transfer

 from the head to the mount to the coil. A more effective solution would be to

 mount the coil off the engine.

 Kevin Nash

 63 spyder, soon to be efi!!