<VV> Intermittent Corvair

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 02:28:24 EDT 2010

Jim,
I have a 63 Spyder. When I first got her, she would run just fine for 10 to
20 miles. Then, all of a sudden, she would cough, and spuder and eventually
die. She would not start right away. After about 10 to 15 minutes, she fired
right up and ran fine again. One time when she died, I just happened to
touch the coil. It was so hot, I lightly burnt my fingers. I replaced the
coil and never had the problem again.

Dave Thompson
63 Spyder
Lakewood, Ca
(Yes, I moved from Westminster, CA to Lakewood, CA)