<VV> Repair of head stud holes

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 22:20:18 EDT 2010

Dennis is correct, I always used the longer Heli-Coils in the aviation
platform, it didn't cross my mind because we never used the short version in
anything that was critical to safe flight.

Also, Churcks idea to use the oversize OTTO studs will do the same thing.
Like that oversize stud, the Heli-coil spreads the pull over a larger
surface area. The larger you go the stronger it gets.
Mark Durham