<VV> Stuff Under HInges

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 16:09:05 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/24/2010 3:20:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

Not sure  this is really dum-dum.

Harry's right.  The 3M strip caulk isn't the original, but it is a  good
substitute for a lot of the sealer that GM used that can't be easily  found.
I rolled the strip caulk between my hands to a string like diameter  for the
hinges and laid it around the mating surface in a tight spiral so it
wasn't too thick before tightening and it worked fine.  A little goes a  long
way.  The old asphalt based spray undercoating worked in some cases as  well,
but not on new paint jobs because of the petroleum based solvents  (according
to the painter who had decades of experience).

Bob Hall