<VV> Intermittant Corvair

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 16:12:38 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/24/2010 3:30:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

I have  one of those in the '66, just ahead of the fuel pump in the engine
compartment.  It's a handy way to see if there's fuel in the system, so I
was thinking of doing it here.  The other spot would be where the body  and
engine lines connect, but I'm not sure if I could see it and there's the
same issue of it getting hit by something off the  tire.

--Bryan

A friend (RIP Don) used a glass filter in the same location until it was
broken by a disintegrating fan belt.  Luckily he smelled the gas before it
caught fire.

I've used a metal inline filter in the left wheel well where the rubber
hose connection is, but I wouldn't use plastic there.  The problem is that
metal filters are getting harded to find at the local FLAPS.

Bob