<VV> timing mark update

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 14:40:56 EDT 2010

It strikes me that if the timing is jumping by many degrees, the first
question is; does the performance of the engine change as well.  If not, I'd
say that the outer ring of the dampener is shifting around so it APPEARS
that the timing is changing.  If the engine changes with the timing change,
that is another story.  I'd pull the disty and have a real close look at the
gear\pin that is supposed to hold everything together.  What if the oil pump
is grabbing once in a while and giving the gear a jerk?
Points to ponder.
Jim