<VV> Corvairs with 'Antique' plates

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 27 13:25:37 EDT 2010

Every state has their own laws.  Some states, IN for example only require a
rear plate.  CA, for example - the plate stays with the car when it is sold.
I still keep the CA plate on the front of the car I bought there.  My IL
antique plate is on the rear, with the 2nd one in the trunk.  I've not been
stopped in the 5 years I've had the car and it has been driven be me in at
least a dozen states.

Every state requires insurance, so have the card in the glove box.  On a
newly acquired vehicle, assuming you have insurance on another car, coverage
(at least the liability portion) is automatically extended for the first 30
days.  So, it might be a good idea to have your insurance policy with you
when you buy an additional vehicle.

Later, JR