<VV> Corvairs with 'Antique' plates/but no Corvair

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 22:33:44 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/27/2010 1:10:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
32chevy at 0306.org writes:

He took  a Hugh liability letting you drive the car with his plate as far
> as  law suits and such in this day and age.

I'm glad the trip to Australia was uneventful, but the seller was really
out on a limb as Mike said.  Last fall our new pastor (from  Michigan) sold
his really rusty--holes everywhere--Honda (did I say it was from  Michigan)
to a family down on their luck who needed a $300 car to get back to  Michigan
from Maryland.  He asked for my advice and I told him to be sure  to take
the plates off and let them get a temporary Michigan plate to get  home.
Last week he sheepishly told me he had received a certified letter  from a town
in Michigan that he owed $1,900.00 in fines and storage costs for  "his"
Honda.  Apparently it was abandoned in Michigan and he is on the hook  as the
last registered owner.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics