<VV> Corvairs with 'Antique' plates

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 21:11:32 EDT 2010

A couple of years ago I went with a friend to buy a car in VA. My friend lives in NY. He got temp insurance from his ins company and we went to look at the car. He decided to buy it. We got the title and went to the local VA DMV and got a temp paper plate to put in the back window. The DMV clerk had some formula to figure out how long to make the plates valid depending on where we were going. The clerk decided three days were enough.

I was impressed that VA had a reasonable policy in place.

Ed