<VV> Corvairs with 'Antique' plates

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 08:44:12 EDT 2010

When I bought my 65 Corsa in 2007. I went through the same procedure as Ed.
Got the VIN from the seller and called my agent for a temp insurance policy.
Flew in to Wichita, KS and looked at the car. I had a bill of sale already
prepared for the seller to sign with all of the important information on it.
The seller took his plate off the car. I drove it directly to the nearest
DMV 15 miles away (that is what the KS DMV told me to do as long as I had
the bill of sale with me), they issued a temp paper plate and I drove it all
the way back to Indianapolis (with the top down). No hassles. I went to the
Indiana DMV with the paper work, flagged down a State Policeman who was in
the parking lot, he inspected the car and that was it.

All I will say about this discussion is that I did the homework with both
the KS DMV and the IN DMV before I left to go see the car. So I knew what to
be prepared for and was.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN