<VV> Stripped spark plug thread

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 10:51:59 EDT 2010

Brian, I have seen aluminum pipe plugs somewhere.  How about drilling and
tapping the hole for a 1/2 NPT plug?  Screw a pipe plug in until tight and
then drill and tap the pipe plug for a 14mm spark plug thread.  .  The trick
is to get the outer surface of the plug flush with the normal seat for the
spark plug.  Start with the plug seating outside the normal surface and keep
pipe tapping deeper until the plug ends up flush with the outside.  Or make
it flush with the inside and spot face the outside surface flush.
Disclaimer:  I have never done this so I am just guessing it would work!
Clark Hartzel