<VV> Spark Plug Hole

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 11:58:50 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/29/2010 9:02:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bmoneill at juno.com writes:

I've got  a stripped spark plug hole that has so much metal removed, the
special  Heli-Coil tap just slides in without making any thread for the coil.
 Anyone know of an alternative to having the hole welded up and re-drilled
and  tapped?  Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the K-D thread inserts?  It's been awhile since I used  one,
but I remember it being a bit larger that the Helicoil because the thread
insert is larger than the steel Helicoil spring threads.  I used the K-D
inserts as "temporary" fixes until I could Helicoil them, but I've never had
to  replace them.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics