<VV> Concours-

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Tue May 4 18:12:00 EDT 2010

IF GM had offered a "Sport" option with larger & wider tires/wheels, and
disk brakes in the same catalog that they offered for racing Camaros and
Corvettes along with a racing cam and larger carbs - not even for sale as an
option but the options in the racing catalog, our cars would have been FAR
more successful racing and had an even bigger following in the
performance/sport/SCCA crowd. Yeno could have used them. Even the SCCA GVR
(General Competion Rules?) says the Yenko came with 13 x 5.5 wheels, even
though Yenkos were offered with up to 8 " wheels. What this means in the
stricter vintage racing rules sense, only up to 13 x7 " wheels are
permitted.

All of this didn't hurt the stock crowd, but surely turned away a bunch of
people who would have bought those types of Corvairs and bled over into
those of us who both types of Corvairs. And helped, in the long run, our
CORSA.

Chuck S