<VV> Words WAS Concours- off the mark

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu May 6 07:04:03 EDT 2010

Mere words are the means by which we understand each other ... Written or spoken, words are our only real way of communicating!  Why would the definition of the words we choose NOT be of great importance?  By definition the word chosen is either misused or a deliberate slight [Webster New World 'to treat with disrespect / be discourteous towards'] to a specific group of members.  It is kind of surprising that, once the true definition was brought to light, ANYONE would support the name change.  Yet, the injured parties, those protesting, have been referred to as being three or four soreheads!  Certainly not an incentive for one to enjoy their hobby ... or continue to make contributions to said hobby.
Ken P

Chris & Bill Strickland <lechevrier at earthlink.net> wrote: [in part]

Mark & Bill --

I am truly sorry to see such umbrage and angst over the mere use of a
word.

*

#1 Oil & Gas Penny Stock
PDGO - Paradigm Oil and Gas $800Million in Probable Oil Reserves
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4be2a2543579437480bst02duc