<VV> Reverse switch - not Corvair though.

Charles Fregeau n5hsr at sprynet.com
Fri May 14 11:44:25 EDT 2010

We had a 62 700 coupe (Powerglide).  You did have to put it in neutral to
start it, I thought.
We also had a 3-on-the-tree Chevy II 300 ('63, one step below the Nova) and
you could start it and pull the key anywhere, but as a new driver, my dad
expected me to check to see it was in neutral before depressing the clutch
and starting it.  Our 'safety mechanism' was called DAD.

Charles Fregeau
Ex 62 700 coupe.