<VV> Explain wheel off-set again ???

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue May 18 11:42:38 EDT 2010

You have the right idea, but you're citing backspace, not offset.  The factory 5 1/2" wide wheel has 4 1/4" of backspace.

Bottom line, if going to wider wheels, it's nice to add the width to both sides, not just the outside or the inside.  There are some other considerations, however.

Long answer:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html

--Bryan