<VV> X cars (no Corvair)

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sun May 30 16:13:28 EDT 2010

Factory special ordered 1981 Buick Skylark V6 automatic with all the
bells and whistles to be residential real estate car...............
107,789 miles, no oil burning, 17+mpg showing properties, 24+ mpg
hwy, youth soccer car as well, was ordered by the Missus
to sell it or replace all the worn out carpet.............. traded
with my Buick dealership in  April 1990 for a low mileage trade-in
1986 Buick Century 3.8 with all the bells and whistles and less than
38,000 miles.......... put the $$$ balance on my Master card and
continued my to this day loyalty to the Buick Marque and GM.

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 12:52 PM 5/30/2010, you wrote:
>I don't know about NOW, but in 1979 I purchased a new stripped down 1980
>Toyota corolla (no radio, no A/C, no glovebox door) for 4600.00  With the
>sales taxes and prep fees it was 5100. With the interest on the 4 year loan
>it was 6100.
>
>big snip
>
>I never replaced the alternator, never changed the points module, never
>adjusted the carb. I used to set the timing by ear.  Changed cap rotor plugs
>wires battery, Brakes, tires, and the rear axle bearings that mount in the
>tube.   That's it folks.
>
>THIRTEEN YEARS---never stranded me on the highway. I even pulled a 66 Monza
>loaded with engine and tranny parts from Hammond, LA to Gulf Shores, AL
>before I realized I'd never get to Buffalo doing it. Left it at my inlaws
>and came back to get the Monza with brother's 4WD.
>
>End of the day, I was choosing between it and a 1980 Chevy Citation.   Guess
>I made the right freakin' choice THAT time.
>
>Hank

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director