<VV> 2. Re: $185,000 Stinger for sale (personal knowledge)

The Bristows oabwdb at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 09:01:50 EST 2010

Well, I guess I did not make a mistake when I bought the car. "My wife would
have made it difficult for me when I got home. (No. 1  reason
-- by far)" Well Joe I do not have this problem with Wendy so this is not a
divorce sale.  Let me address acouple of points Joe brings up.  One I only
weigh 168 pounds and the drivers seat does not sag.  I do not know how much
Joe weighs. So if it sagged then he must be much heavier that me.  The car
had a small spot on the passenger side fender where it had a antenna hole
and some of the lead next to the windsheld was repaired.  Thats the 10% of
the paint that is not original.  The car has no rust period.  It would be a
cardinal sin to repaint this car with its original paint.  It has a couple
of minor areas with some cracking but over all has a very nice shine for 45
year old paint. The car came with the originial wood wheel which I have but
the Nardi wheel is expensive beautiful and a smaller diameter which I like.
I will be glad to hang on to that.  I sold the non stock wheels and put the
original Yenko wheels on it.  The original motor has 19k on it and runs
great.  I will put that engine back in and change the steering wheel for the
asking price.  " Mr. Bristow's idea of what it is worth presently, is
...well,  let
me think of an appropriate word."
Shocking, is probably not a proper descriptive" Well I am not smoking crack
cocain Joe.  I do not know Joe Dunlap's expertice and authority on Yenko
Stingers but I would agree that 180k for a Corvair is insane but when you
have one of 100 made with the the original body non retaged with that silly
little word Yenko on it thats a different story.  Ignorance is bliss. A
clone retaged or rebodied car is worth nothing to a collector. An original
paint interior low mileage car is easily worth 2x as much to a collector.
This car has never been undercoated and is unbelievable unrestored
condition. I am in negotiations now on a pending sale well over six figures
in excess of what Dave Diedrichs Yenko in Cincy went for. All of of my cars
are for sale if someone is willing to pay the price. Any offers on 5997 the
last convertible built can't say I should have bought that car too because I
did.  "The only saving grace for me in this auto vignette is that David(?)
LaPorte
 is likely the bigger loser in this that I am.  Of course, I don't know
what  he got for the car."  Thats not a very nice thing to say.  At the time
I paid what he wanted which at that time was what the car was worth and did
not nit pick the car apart.   Its a shame you did not buy the cars you could
have bought instead of a set of Ieco headers. The guy here that bought the
headers i guess is the real winner.  You should think twice about comenting
on people and their cars that are for sale in a open public forum especially
where sales may be pending is that could open you up for litigation. Open
any one of the trunks on my well prepared Corvairs I take on road trips you
will find tools and assorted spare part.  Hitting the road this weekend in
the well prepared Camper Brier with a smile on my face, a tool box and a few
spare parts.  Allen