<VV> Engine Compartment Heat WAS Turbo Modifications

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:16:50 EST 2010

Ken, that is why I am taking the opportunity to ceramic coat parts I
don't want to absorb the heat, in a effort to prevent heat related
issues. I'm going to coat the exhaust - to move exhaust heat out the
tailpipe, valve covers- so exhaust does not transmit IN, and tin - to
prevent them rusting due to high temps, but since I want the finned
heads and cylinders to transmit heat away, then they will get non
ceramic paint. I cannot do anything about the heat inherent with a air
cooled engine, but I can direct where it goes and help to prevent
damage due to the heat.

The em's do have the louvers, true, but also I assume a certain amount
of air enters around the deck lid, since there is no gasket to seal
the compartment. Since the air pump on top of the engine only can move
what air the thermostats allow it to move, I don't think there is a
lack of air there. Mark Durham