<VV> Electric fuel pump

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 23:27:52 EDT 2010

Different pumps have different attributes. Rotary pumps don't like it. The
"Facet" type solenoids with check valves seem okay. Positive displacement
type -  gears like an oil pump - no problem. There are lots of different
types of pumps  - PS, every manufacturer says to put the pump below the fuel
source. It is  always easier on the pump. A pump that was designed to live
inside the tank will  have a shorter life outside. The pumps are intended to be
cooled by the fuel in  (and around) the pump. You can also kill a pump
inside the tank by running  it dry - like trying to make it to the gas station. I
know this - because I did  it - once.

Seth

In a message dated 10/3/2010 7:58:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,