<VV> Chuck Armer

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Oct 9 07:38:37 EDT 2010

  VVers:

When I first joined VV sometime in the late 90s there was a thread
complaining about the number of non-Corvair posts, particularly those
that attempted to be humorous.  I recall that Chuck logged in and
explained that he signed his posts two ways: As "Chuck Armer" when he
had a Corvair issue to discuss and as "da Chuckster" when he wanted to
"help lighten the load".

Maybe it was just his chance turn of a phrase, but I remember thinking
that actively trying to lighten everyone's load was an interesting and
positive outlook for a person to have.  My subsequent interactions with
him both on- and off-line only served to confirm that Chuck was an
interesting and positive person.  He made me feel welcome from the get-go.

The Corvair community is the lesser for his loss, but we are all the
richer for having known him.

I would like to offer my sincere condolences to his family.  Chuck is in
my prayers.

Steven J. Serenska