<VV> Sad News: Chuck Armer

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 13:50:14 EDT 2010

At 12:51 AM 10/9/2010, AeroNed at aol.com wrote:
>I first "met" Chuck right here on VV. I thought he was very helpful and
>extremely friendly. I also found his humor to be very entertaining.
>I met him
>and Liz in person several years ago at the Carlisle convention.

I first met Chuck at Carlisle also.   We only spoke briefly though,
but did become acquainted.   Later I ran into him at other shows and
always enjoyed the chats.

At the Lexington convention Chuck took it upon himself to help Lon
Anderson get his Greenbrier moved from Lon's old place to the
Convention site (The FC was a LONG way away) to have some work done
on it (clutch, brakes, carbs) to get it roadworthy.   As some in here
may recall, Lon was still racked up with a bad leg and wasn't really
up to much, far as working on things that required crawling around
and under anything.

Chuck rounded up myself and Terry Kalp, then unloaded Darth from his
trailer and off we went, in Chuck's yellow Caddie "tow vehicle"
through some of the prettiest countryside anybody ever saw (for a
couple hours).   We secured Lon's FC, got it loaded up, and managed
to get it back to Lexington whereupon its ills and woes were
straightened out and it was made roadworthy again, after which Chuck
promptly stole it and took off with it on a bit of a joyride.

We all had some long conversations during that to-and-from and Terry
and I got to know Chuck pretty well along the way.   Chuck Armer was
an open, up-front, straight forward man with a lot of character and
substance and this crew will be the lesser for his passing, and the
better for having had Chuck among us.

We all could have done a LOT worse than knowing someone of the
caliber of Chuck.

Chuck, I salute you, go with God...

tony..