<VV> OBD-II for Corvair to make Corvairs less "aromatic" ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Oct 9 16:14:36 EDT 2010

I think making Corvairs "friendlier" to the environment is a great idea, and
after delving into OBD for the cars I have (that were destroyed by paying
mechanics to fix them as a consequence of my ignorance), I am piqued by this
concept.

I have heard on VV that Corvairs (and other air-cooled engines) are not good
candidates for meeting air quality requirements due to the high
temperatures, (and poor construction tolerances ?)

It seems like you have done a lot of research and we might all benefit from
this to make Corvairs less "aromatic" ?

I can smell "classic" cars when they drive by me, and know that my Corvair
(also a 1967 Monza 110 PG) also does, and would like to remedy that.

As long as I am restoring this car to "running" condition, I figure I might
as well spend a little (or a lot ?) more to make her a non-offending member
of the automotive community.

Have you documented your work and is there a way we can all benefit from it
?

Thanks
Charlie
1967 Monza 110 PG