<VV> corvair engine date codes

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 23:55:46 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/14/2010 6:17:37 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
obstew at bellsouth.net writes:

also I  have in my stash of parts a '64 110 head, part # 3886256, that has
all 3/8"  shroud bolts, does any know why GM would have produced a '64 head
with all  3/8" bolts and then reverted back to the mix of 1/4-20 and
3/8"????

HI OB,
Well, the 3886256 head is a replacement head. That is designated as SERVICE
 by Chevrolet. So it never came on any engine. We do know it was produced
with an initial casting date of May 1965 so it was probably made to conform
with  the 1966 designs.
Regards,
Bob Helt